yeahbut, you seem to have put the link in there *twice* - once with the title jackie and once with the whole furshlugginer url. (I don't know why you want to have that, I ignore it anyway.)

you may have noticed (or not) that many folks 'title' their links with a word like "link"; to me, this obviousizes what you've done and entirely gets around the problem of labeling your link. but others like to give their link a "clever" title, which has the tendency to obfuscate matters a bit with this software.

link

FAQs

[that was two separate URLs (actually, the same URL with different 'titles', just to prove a point).]

now, back to the matter at hand.. when you first click on 'Create a link to a webpage' (and assuming you've copied the desired URL; i.e., it's on the clipboard), you get the pop-up which says "Enter the complete URL..", right? now, don't do anything else but only CTRL-V!! you've just replaced the hi-lited text with your URL; click OK. you now see the second pop-up which says "Enter the title..", right? now, don't do anthing else but only TYPE IN SOME TEXT (something such as "link")**; click OK. you now see the URL form in the post window and you can finish editing your post and click the Submit button. et voila.

**if you really MUST have the URL itself show up as the hot link, you can CTRL-V again at this point, and then the URL will also be the title; but again, why would you want to do this (other than to make the result look like what other boards do automagically)?

Last edited by tsuwm; 12/23/09 09:39 PM.