Well, joe friday appears to be the only one who shares my sentiment.

First, I appreciate Anu not doing what the leftist-controlled mainstream media would normally do and banning me from the forum. With the Left, there is NO freedom of speech unless you agree.

Second, I find it interesting that almost all the responses went directly to the "stupidity" of our President. How many of you are good at public speaking? Obviously, this is not Bush's strong suit, but in no way does it indicate his stupidity. Shame on the Left for allowing its hatred of Bush (and really, what he stood for) to blind it to anything good he has done.

Third, I find the past eight-year period of hatred for Bush (from the US and abroad) to be breathtaking. The smug, supercilious press, who would have us believe that it knows best for us, and who operates under a double standard, IS the problem in our country. The job of the press should be to present both sides of any topic and allow us to decide for ourselves (unless we, like Bush, are too stupid). Sadly, this no longer occurs.

Finally, it's up to me to decide if I wish to continue listening to Anu's politics. My only recourse will be to vote with my feet. But my original point still stands: we all love words and language. But none of us needs to be subjected to someone else's politics, even if we agree. Politics has no place in A Word a Day.