Originally Posted By: tsuwm
as always, dale, your post meanders too much for me to tell exactly what it is you're trying to accomplish.

****Alas, as always. In short, can you provide a means to transfer personal macros from Word's toolbar to Mail's

but here is one thought, regarding use of an online/inline Thesaurus.

If you are using one of the mainstream browsers (IE7, firefox) you can add (for instance) Thesaurus.com to the browser's Search Box. The usual practice is to have Google.com set as the default search engine for this search box, but you can add as many additional engines as you like and use them just as you use the default. If this idea interests you, I can provide details. (it would be helpful, of course, to know which browser you actually use.)

****tsu thank you for that suggestion but I'm not even quite sure what a browser is. For years my digital friends have been pushing programs like Firefox but I'm afraid of complex interactions (there are an estimated 100,000 in Windows alone) and finding that sort of thing difficult I entertain great hopes it can all be done without outside help

And yes I use an online Thesaurus though it often punches a pretty good hole in the day because it accessing requires so many keystrokes that in doing so I often also inadvertently shut down the document I had been editing

Eventually however Bill will make editing available in Mail just as Bill did with Outlook

dalehileman