eta, there's more than a grain of truth in what you say and your post is comforting but Mac had been touted by many as vastly superior, while at my age it's hard to put up with a whole new set of glitches

Maybe I expect too much. Nonetheless I am gratified by your reassurance

For instance, incidentally, Mac flags misspellings in posts of this sort and provides instant access to other such services like Dictionary, Spelling and Grammar, etc; but having gone to that much trouble why didn't they also provide Synonyms. It's as if your new car had a gas pedal, clutch, and accelerator, but no brake

Your comparison incidentally is apt, while in addition the manual is more reliable (between us Laverne and I have so far spent $10,400 in replacement and repair of our two Blazer automatics. On the other hand, however, Mac seems to require two to five times as many keystrokes to perform any task

No reply necessary; and again your calm, considered reflections constitute a welcome contrast in this world of vast complexity and cross-program interlocking contradictory glitches brimming with mutual recrimination

dalehileman