you don't need to sign people

This is true for the new guesser, but as Jackie pointed out it will make it infinitely harder to know who to look out for when the parcel is announced as changing hands. So to compromise I propose to post a list of current possible participants, which can be edited to be kept current, as people message me to add or delete a name. Thus anyone new can join immediately prior to offering a guess.

And at wise tsuwm's suggestion, I also propose a revision to the scoring to penalise poor guesses, in case the poor poser gets pi**ed off with problematic propositions! So how about if each wrong guess also counts as a point to the Poster?

BTW, the first fox's brush has been sighted at least 10 times in the messages bounced to my email account from yesterday, so I will now do a current check-up...

(edited in)
The result is posted under PTP Tally - I suggest we try and keep that thread purely for the tagging on of who has just been unmasked with their score, and append general ongoing messages on this thread.

BTW, to check the result, I noted the time of the private guess post sent to me, then used the Search feature to list the incidence of the target word within the target timeframe and threads. I then needed to check by opening each one that was Max's for the number of times he had fitted it in - being highlighted in bold makes this a quick job.