wooing Ooh! I hope it turns out the way you want it to. ("turns out" means that some final conclusion has been reached: someone finds out that the illness is curable...or not; the new recipe worked, or failed; you and your current love will either decide to make a future together...or not.)

I've never heard of ochlophile. Gregarious is a good word for a person who enjoys being in a crowd of people and talking with them. "Ham" is a slang term for someone who enjoys being on a stage in front of people--though it usually refers to acting with great emotion, and not to someone who plays or sings music--unless they make exaggerated faces, etc. I can't think of a single word that covers all types; I would just refer to them as "a person who enjoys performing", or "loves to be up on stage".

Oh! Did you mean, perhaps, someone who loves to have peoples' attention on them, whether they can act/sing/dance well or not, or perhaps a child who misbehaves because any attention is better than no attention? The person who is certain that everyone at the party thinks his old jokes are hilarious? Someone who constantly refers to their: beautiful hair, expensive new car, or the fact that they do their work better than anyone else in the office?
This kind of person is a showoff. (Show-off; they like to show off their whatever.)

Good luck in your new job!

Edited the first ex., having realized it might give the wrong impression.

Last edited by Jackie; 03/31/08 08:33 PM.