Next Thread
Print Thread
Faldage Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted By: themilum

And don't teach pigs to speak in Dutch.

Now ducks is a whole nother thing. The latest from our friends at Language Log. Warning, it's a bit raunchy so if you're easily offended stay clear, but it might be particularly interesting to you, BranShea.

Direct Link

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
lol

formerly known as etaoin...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Holy smoke! This kiddies song I've never heard of. Maybe if I saw the Dutch text I would recognize something.

The other link:

Yes, Faldage. It is interesting. But it belongs more to the Mel Brooks false 'schmuck' article thread.
What you see here is a kid's program. Obviously the subject of the day was "dirty words".
I never watch TV before 'children's bedtime', but I know this program exists.It is popular I think.
It is known that most children are attracted by dirty words and that many adults never grow out of it.
Personally I'm not that charmed by those words; I suppose it may have served some educational purpose.

Yes, Etaoin, laughing third party, you 're a big help in this
here precarious predicament.olo!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Bran, they have just taken a perfectly harmless Dutch children's show, and "translated" it into English using phonetic pronunciation. they're not actually singing that text, it just sounds like that, in English.

formerly known as etaoin...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Thanks for letting me know. Renewed answer: Right, I heard the text: 'Er zit een gat in het dak, ik voel mij niet op mijn gemak.
There is a hole in the roof , I don't feel at ease is the main theme.
As I don't; when see this kind of unfun.
At least this is an unpretentious kid's program that is for once not a hyperactive automatically designed hollow-eyed kid's cartoon.Weird kind of spinnoff, Faldage.I know you did not make it and gave it all for my good information, but I already knew there is a lot of junk in the world.

Faldage Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
It's a new sub-genre of the sort of thing epitomized by the classic Mots d’Heures: Gousses, Rames. In Mots d’Heures: Gousses, Rames the source language is English and the target language French. Check out the Lnaguage Log link in my first post for more information.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I did read that, yes:
Quote:
They also differ from mondegreens in that they cross languages, but that difference is recognized in the labels "autour du mondegreens" and "cross-linguistic mondegreens".)

We had this mondegreen subject before , how in particular children interprete song texts, words and texts in their own manner. I think we all remember some. I was upset about the example. Not because it is a Dutch thing, but because I protest against kid's stuff beeing durtied for adult laughs. In any cross language or non cross language way.
Mondegreens are basically quite funny.

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,405
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 344 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,580
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,922
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith