well, like erzats/ezrats i often read it wrong --but still understand what i am reading..
ogre/orge is another one i read/see/want to spell my way wrong...

i never did well on the multiple choice "circle/select the that is spelled wrong" test either...they all looked fine to me.
(and i often just don't see the mistakes that are copied and quoted here and AWAD and other BB's. i realize there is something wrong, and every one else gets it,-- i mean the ones that are quoted cause they are funny, or clever, or interesting --we don't--thank god!--go around maliciously posting errors/typo's etc. i just read them, and try to see what's wrong, and most often fail.. they wiz so far over my head, i just see contrails..(if that!)

i recognize that there is something going on, but i can't see what.. (usually the sentence makes perfect sense to me.. i got the author's idea, and i miss the joke.)

i don't usually get written jokes, unless they are simple tails that depend on clear punch lines..

puns don't strike me as very funny either, (nor do they cause me to groan) i don't do well with book that have venacular (uncle tom's cabin, or tom sawyer) i can't see/hear/understand/ the language or humor.. (but i did very well computer languages, basic, and the TI version of lisp (linx? some similar name ) i got the 'rules' of grammer, (syntax). its a weird thing.. i still sit and look at my hands to give directions, (left hand make an L) and look at my hands to set a table (left has 4 letters, so does fork --forks go on left, (right has 5 letters, so does spoon and knife.. ) this is a 'new' trick for me, i used to pull out my cookbooks to set a table..(until about 10 years ago!) i am good at learning/creating nmumonics for myself to remember things.. (i have hundreds! i would be virtually illiterate with out them.. (and i subsustite words, when i just can't summom a spelling that looks remotely right.

i used opt, or elect, or choose, or go for something.. i just couldn't spell decide.. and would go through looking at dic, dis, des, dic until i hit upon the correct spelling.. but more often, i elected to use an other word..
--auto spellcheck helped me learn decide.. it would, with out a word of critizism, understand what i was trying to say, and just put down the right letters.. i love auto spell check!

i went back to ireland age 18, and could find my way about the city of dublin, (and the outskirts) i remembered the bus route (all the turns and low bridges) from downtown to my nana's house--(from a trip 10 years previous)

and some 15 years ago, when taking my son to camp, i passed through a small town in conneticut, and realize i had been there before. i consulted an aunt and learned i had, and i was age 6--she and uncle had live in that town for 18months, before moving even further north. (that was a 20 year gap!) i work all the time at seeing where i am, and making mental maps, i am a great navigator!

i long ago recognized i make mental maps, and use them for understanding. controlled reading helped me see a single word, 'get it' and move on.. that i sometimes got it wrong (spelling wise!) didn't mean i didn't get it meaning wise.