Quote:

milo, I was just wondering what your opinion of this guy is now, now that we've all had a chance to see a bit more of his brilliance; and how do you think he's doing on the learning humility and politeness part?

and what about those two proxies?

Let me so far presume upon our acquaintance which, however slight it may appear if judged by the standard of mere time, is founded, as I hope and believe, on a sentiment of mutual esteem, as to request of you forgiveness. But, should I have overstepped the limits of reserve let the sincerity of my feelings be the excuse for my boldness. I appreciate to the full the motives which actuate your conduct and I am consoled by the reflection that, though the message be one of sorrow, the proof of confidence evident in your candour extenuates in some measure the bitterness of the cup. And now, at last, suffer me to take your hand: The goodness of your heart, I feel sure, will dictate to you better than my inadequate words the expressions which are most suitable to convey an emotion whose poignancy, were I to give vent to my feelings, would deprive me even of speech: My disconsolate heart has been rived in twain with sorrow.