Thank you so much, everyone, for your contributions to this thread. I'm really sorry I didn't do my bit earlier; after I posted my initial query I was abducted by the real world and then I forgot all about it.

Anyway, from the window of my study at home I have a view of a block of buildings to the left and a vast expanse of sky above and to the right. It's cloudy today; the sky looks whitish. The street that runs just below my window (it's a first-floor flat) is planted on both sides with tall trees, so when they are in leaf I don't really see much of the buildings. One of the trees is pretty close to my window, which is very nice in the summer.

If I stand and look properly out the window, just across from my house there is a huge empty lot which belongs to the sports centre a little ways further down. A couple of weeks ago a stream of lorries, excavators, cranes and what-not started arriving, and the place is now full of builders and vehicles. They are building a sports course and other things. Having always been fascinated by all things massive and mechanical, I am highly entertained by the processes and so I spend a bit of time looking out the window every day.