Good morning.

If I swivel my chair to my left I can look out into a cold grey 2006 edition of Northern Alabama. Then by standing up I will get a full panorama of the surroundings by looking through a three by six plate-glass window. Today there is not much to report. A grove of barren birch trees adds nothing but depth perception to the fog shrouded woodlands beyond. On brighter mornings my eyes could follow a path that slopes towards a blue pond about a hundred yards away, but today the only other features of note are the World’s smallest birdhouse hanging high up in a birch tree (I had hopes of attracting the World’s smallest bird) and a cedar roofed art deco plexiglass bird feeder. Ever the custodian, I see that the floor of the World’s smallest birdhouse is now on the ground, and the bird nest in the art deco feeder from last summer is still in the feeder so I vow silently to implement these improvements before spring.

Now, so you folk won’t think my life uncluttered, I’ll sit back down and swivel around the small room where I do my computering.

Directly behind my computer desk is a wall-length secretarial credenza. A discerning person with a magnifying glass might discover that the wood finish matches my computer desk, but I can’t.
Everywhere fossils, rocks, little bottles of sand, obscure any hint of surface underneath.

(Oh heck, Andy just called. We are to day-trip North Alabama today. I will return soon and add my thoughts to the metaphorical part of Awad “windows” later today.)

Good morning again.

This morning dawns bright. Warm air blowing in from the Gulf has raised temperatures to the mid-seventies with few clouds. I think I mislead when describing my computer roon as "cluttered". It is much worse.

Last edited by themilum; 01/03/06 07:57 AM.