Quote:

Just wondering what do you logomaniacs do for a living?

***That's a good word, and I am one

*********I was a tech writer (electronics) and inventor; did a little freelance writing, now retired

as I'm off to find a job I'm curious to know about your experiences. Do you enjoy your job?

**I didn't. Didn't know I was supposed to. Did it because I could

Do you find it enriching/interesting/monotonous?

********It was certainly the last. When I would finish one instruction book they would assign me to write another one. Eventually I quit to beomce a tech rep with hands-on job

do you feel like you would enjoy doing something else more? what stops you from doing it?

********Ignorance. In school they don't teach you it's essential to do something you like. Besides the three R's they teach you virtually nothing essential to your well-being. They don't teach you how to live because the conservatives, Neocons, and right-wing evangelists won't let them

In the past week, for every single day that gone by I took half of it to ponder what would it be like to be working in all different sort of jobs. I also thought a lot about vocations & destinations. Has the way we have been living our lives would ultimately lead us to what we were meant to become?

****No, not at all. It's necessary to first realize that's an actual goal.

Or, once we've matured; can we suddeny develop new interest (we would be completely new to) and follow that for the rest of our lives?

****Sure it's possible, and I recommend it

Help to put my mind at ease... it's railing all day and all night! though currently, I did look at my past in my decision... and I have applied for a number of translation companies (for English-Hebrew-English) that I'm waiting to hear back from.
*****Best of luck

However, I'm still uncertain about it. I keep asking myself it that's my vocation. And I think that uncertaity will not go away until I try and try and try. But I guess that's life, right? you can't know until you try.

*****The fact that you're thinking about it shows promise

I would be happy to hear (read) your experiences, or opinion about the issue if you have any.

****I have many opinions and I am glad to share them

dalehileman