looking at the scriture quote, and thinking about bel's question, were "mad drivers' or hurried, inconsiderate, or hurried scatter-brains called or likened to Jahu? (and this is perhaps why Swift made a race in one of the lands Gulliver 'travelled" to Yahoo's?

we still say "he has the patience of Job" --were careless or hasty people likened to Jaho? (he dashed about like Jaho?) is this an expression that has simple fallen from use? --or one that was transformed by Gullivers travels from Jaho to Yahoo?

there are still, seen in print, reference to farthings. (a coin i remember, but most of the world doesn't)

and sou--(an old low value coin of France) is still used in crossword puzzles, even if "i don't give a sou!" is pretty rare.

Kids in US schools still learn about the MAINE--(and i think of MAINE first when presented with Remember the_______--though the more common answer is Alamo

but very few (how sad) know who to remember when The Rueben James is mentioned. things fall from collective memory.