I don’t know if I’m following your point here, but in everyday contexts I think there *is a consensual, objective truth or meaning to the symbols - vocal, written and body language - that we use as communication tools. But at other times I agree that interpretation varies from person to person and place to place.

In striving to convey meaning (like uh, heavy, dude) the poet takes one route and the narrative writer another and as aids to imagery both use analogies and metaphors that are sometimes a challenge to unravel. The rest of us do our best and that includes stealing from the poets and writers!

The frustration of being unable to find words, or even a series of sentences, that exactly get ones meaning across is a common felt thing. This frustration can be seen as soon as a child is old enough to grasp that communication is possible. Then form and structure are learnt and then still later comes the realisation that language is actually more about efficient communication than it is about form and structure. Hopefully grace and beauty retain their place in language alongside efficiency.