http://www.visitsingapore.com/sections/articles/3c/1,1177,472,00.html

Or it could be that 'Singapore is' is understood, and the sentence means that Singapore is Singapore and nothing else but Singapore. While I am glad to have my lingering doubts on the matter dispelled, it is disconcerting that this should be done with a sentence whose meaning, such as it isn't, is so completely 'ambiguous.'

What do you call an expression like this; 'adspeak' is such a big umbrella. Either this sentence is completely ambiguous, because what is 'understood' is not understood; or it is a form of pun. But while an ordinary pun has two or more referants, the adspeak pun has none whatever (something Mr. Fish would probably be interestede in). It is a non-pun: it tricks you into thinking it has meaning when, in fact, it has none.

There is probably room enough for a study of nonesense grammar. You see this kind of grammar in lots of ads (can't think of another example off hand, off hand). The phrase dissembles, but what it is we are being asked to beleave, that cheap silk is dear?

It's a kind of dishonesty I prefer to see used more honestly -- as in farce.

And what is unique about an upward view of skyscrapers from the middle of an intersection?