well i change the subject because my post about a word that is not in common usage, except in the election of a pope. it is an interesting topical word..(or so i thought)

and because i think you are entering murky waters.

religion, like politics, is, in the old fashioned rules of Emily Post and other manner mavin's, not a subject for the dinner table (or for formums like this!) it gets to be emotional--people have strong feeling, and defend their beliefs (as they should!)--and this can lead to arguements.

there are many interesting words.. we can discuss the word priest, vs. minister, vs, reverend, vs. rabbi, vs. elder, vs. any other term for a leader of a religious leader, but discussing the RC church and the notion of all christians 'speaking the word of god', smacks to much, to me, of discussing religions..

i think there are lots of interesting words (Fr.Steve's list of new latin terms is a great addition, the thread on the root meaning of cardinal, my addition of conclave --and other clave words, and many other words associated with religion that can be discussed, with out discussing religion.

I am sure there are some that i won't even think twice about, because i was raised RC and maybe learned the words in my youth, and 'accepted' them unthinkingly. but now, as a thinking person, i might enjoy a new adult understanding of them.

but i think it is important to keep the discussions here to words... and not to religion.

and well, secondly, its rather common for threads to be hijacked.. (and i sort of hijacked) its now up to others to decide which is the more interesting path to pursue.. (or to hijack it again with yet another word that has come to the forefront with the death of the old pope, and the impending election of a new one.)

the context here is always words, not But seriously, the context is in the churches of God and in Christian service.