> George Mombiot doesn't like people he likes plants.

They are a pretty important part of the project earth, wouldn't you agree?

> ... say that it is my fault.

It is. And it's mine. That doesn't *have to be seen as an indictment against your person, but *could rouse a greater sense of personal involvement and responsibility.

> ...if the sky doesn't fall...

If it's black with pollution already though, isn't that bad enough? Nobody's trying to give you a downer dude, but people are wrapped up in negative stuff all day anyway (see news stories), so how'sa'bout talking out environmental problems - as oppose to all the other pokey ones? Do you prefer to wait for flames before reacting when you smell smoke in the kitchen?

I wouldn't let some sensational Hollywood film scare me, but would you prefer people sculpt the truth into comfortable statements with 'it's not really that bad' clauses in them? If so, try the Economist, they are professionals at that. Their 18-28/12/04 edition, titled 'The end of the world' poked fun at 'conspiracy nuts' and had a title which showed a Christmas pudding creating a great wave on the planet's surface. A mere few days before December 26th, this end of the year double issue asked the question, 'Why do end-of-time beliefs endure?'. Why indeed. Spooky prescience on the part of abject rationalists.

http://www.economist.com/diversions/displayStory.cfm?story_id=3490697