re:The whole point of not awarding bonuses (boni?) to prefixes and suffixes is to encourage more interesting words; otherwise people will have a tendency to just tack on suffixes to boring words, especially if "s" or "ed" gives a high point value. So I think that if it exists as a suffix, it shouldn't be awarded extra points. But that's just my take on it.

Ah but here is the rub-- when you start a game (or a thread) you are letting loose a child into the world.

no matter what YOUR dream, or hopes, the thread or game, or child will go the way its wills..

you can try to exert influence, but in the big wide worls, all alone, it will wander, perhaps far from what you envisioned.. It might exceed your expectations, it might disapoint, (worst of all, it might linger and die, unresponed to to!)

i agree (even though i most likely won't play) a game filled with worked and then the same word with an UN, or IN or ED, or an S taked on are less interesting.. *but there is a penalty for too many letters.. besides what are these 'points' good for? (can i trade them in for cash? or are the just ego points?)

If they have a cash value, i might join the game and insist on clear rules.. but if they are just ego points.. well what the harm?