“Having it large” and “power dressing” have somewhat of a familiar ring to them. Not having a context for them, I can only guess what their specific meanings are. But on the surface, they seem to have a meaning cognate to the American terms “Livin’ large” and “dressing for success”.

Although it may be gaining currency, I’ve never paid for “Chavs”. I’d be interested to know its complete derivation, though. I’d also like to know what “demob” means, as well as “larpers” and “shroomers”. Of course, one might guess that “shroomers” may allude to either magic mushrooms, or nuclear war.

“Retrosexuals” doesn’t seem to quite fit the definition given for the word. Instead, it brings to mind sexual values from an earlier time that have a conservative leaning.

”Dropping your pants” doesn’t seem to fit its definition either, unless, of course, it’s cognate to the American term “bending over”.

Do corporate freeloaders in the UK eat a lot of prawn sandwiches? Or is corporate pay considered to be a type of insubstantial chum, so to speak, doled out to those who only want to make the minimal effort? Now that I think about it, perhaps “prawn sandwich” is cognate to the idea of a “fish sandwich” as in: “you can give a person a fish (modernized to ‘fish sandwich’) for a meal, or you can teach a person to fish and feed them for a lifetime.” I’m a tofu, chicken, or beef person myself. Fish!

Now, with all that said, one of the best sandwiches I ever had was a peanut butter and ‘nanner sandwich with lots of honey. Mmmm-mmmmmm!