...how about having a "total number of words you've found" addition to the game?

Only problem with counting words is that then we have to have tiresome discussions of what is legal and what's not. Singular and plural of the same word if the only difference is an s? Non-English words? Hyphenated? Capitalized? Slang? And on and on. I'd rather just put the words into a large pile (as you see) and marvel at the convolutions we uncover. But I know others like to count the total after working extensively on their own; that's the reason for posting the community concatenation in a separate site that you can't glance at by accident and spoil your fun.

No problem with putting up total numbers, though, if you get satisfaction from that! I would do that on this kind of main thread, just to be mischievous, and challenging. If you want to add to the global list in the Answers thread, though, that can even be done anonymously via PM so you needn't be diffident about missing some or taking longer than others. And anyone can maintain (or adopt) a community answer post; it doesn't have to be mine. (And I hope, Jess, that you don't consider that I've usurped your prerogative as poser of the game originally! By all means take it back if you want to!)