yyes, pepperridge farms is a now commercial bread company.

it was started by a woman who moved from NYC neighborhood with lots of small bakeries, and fresh bread, to Conneticut a place of grocery chains with 'wonderbread'crap bread.

she started a bakery at her home, and it grew into a big company.. PF bread is still different, (better) than most 'store bought bread'-though not as good as bakery or homemade bread.

her company took its name from her 'farm' which was named for the pepperridge tree at the front gate.i don't know if she sold the company, or built it up herself. the company started middle of last century.

i had a pepperridge tree on my property (last year when i lived in house). i loved the beautiful color it turned in the fall, a lovely crimsom, and it held the leaves for a while. i had, long ago, a smoke tree-- which had lovely color.. -golden leaves- for about 7 minutes. the leaves would color one day, and drop the next! i didn't like where it was planted (it blocked a view) and it never flowered (which was supposed to be its 'value') and its fall foliage, while beautiful, was much to ephemerial for my taste.

i lived on Beechknoll Ave-- and the short (1 block long) street did have several beechtrees. and a lovely 'sweet gum' tree, too. queens has a lovely variety of street/landscaping trees.. an early settler (a Mr Parsons) specialized in exotic trees. many of the original stock have self propogated, so that weepy beech, (normal a rare variety of beech) is a almost common(i know of at least a half dozen grown in a small part of queens)
Libernium trees are also 'common'--(these are sometimes called 'golden chain trees' they have flowers that look similar to wisteria, only they flowers are golden yellow. the seed pods, smell almondy, they are full of cynide, and poisonous.