Here's a clickable link, Dr. Bill:
http://www.sspx.ca/Angelus/2002_February/Verbicide.htm

I think the author is unnecessarily acrimonious, but that his points are valid overall. In speaking of the loss of vocabulary, he said, This is a national tragedy that goes virtually unnoticed in the media. . I was thinking, "Good grief--it's the media that's caused it!", but then I saw that he gets to that later. I also thought this was really interesting--and I happen to agree with it: our linguistic decline is aided and abetted by academics... They have propounded the idea that everything is relative, hence largely inconsequential, and that the use of language is primarily an exercise in power, hence to be devalued. They have taught, in other words, a pseudo-intellectual contempt for clarity, careful argument, and felicitous expression. Being scholars of their word they also write without clarity, argument, and felicity. Er, I need to qualify my statement, and say that I agree that academics have certainly contributed to the decline of knowledge of the English language. Can't say I've had experience of the rest of his statement. But I had teachers, even in college, who couldn't spell--and textbooks with incorrect spelling! And in my opinion, that is just unconscionable (the books, that is).