Maverick I did find it interesting (I'm not "The Rippling Linguist" for nothing! she cross threaded) But the more complex forms in other languages have their confusions as well. In Spanish you can be singular-informal or formal or plural-informal or formal. But the formal versions are the same as he/she and they.
There is a joke about a detective reporting to the client that the suspect spent the evening at su casa (his house) drinking sus cervesas (his beer) eating sus comidas (his food) and making love to su esposa (his wife). The client was satisfied that all was well until the detective asked "puedo tutearlo?" (may I use the informal you (tu) instead of the formal version (su). The detective then repeated his report that the subject spent the evening at "tu casa" (your house) drinking "tus cervesas" (your beer). etc.
Re-reading this I realize that it was funnier in Spanish because you don't see it coming. And also because after spending 20 minutes translating a half page joke you darn well insist on finding it funny.