http://smallworld.sociology.columbia.edu/index.html

I just spent some very happy minutes here, prompted by a friend who used me as a possible link to his "target." Initiated a few searches of my own and decided, "I'll just treat myself to one more...." and the site wouldn't let me! Sigh. But thought I'd share the fun....O, please do post here if you decide to participate! I'm interested to know what other people think.

One thing I found, is that I didn't always know to whom, among my, ahem, vast acquaintance, I should send the link for best results. I was given targets in Croatia, Wales and Indonesia; my original link (from a friend) was for someone in Nicaragua.

For the first one (from the friend), I sent to a friend who works for the UN in NYC, and has worked in Nairobi and Turin, as well as travelling in India for two years prior to working for the UN - I reckon she must have a lot of global contacts. Did contemplate sending to an ex-lover whose son is working as a teacher in Columbia but somehow thought girlfriend in UN would be a better bet (possibly for all of these targets, but I didn't want to use the same person over and over again!).

For my Croatian target, I sent to a friend who has visited the region - though I contemplated sending to a Russian friend who lives in St Petersburg.

For Wales, oddly enough, though I have rafts and rafts of friends and family in the UK, I chose to send to friends in Adelaide, Australia, who have a close friend right in Wales.

And for Indonesia, I was so tempted to get in touch with Bingley...! but in the end I sent to a friend who has a lot of well-travelled friends (as well as being well-travelled himself, but in Africa, not Asia).

I'm so curious to see how this all works itself out....And I kinda wish I'd been chosen as a target - how cool would that be!