Yes, there's nothing in the lyrics to that Beatles tune to suggest gender. I was taking it that it was a man speaking, since it was a man singing.

Here's just one place where I reckon he (again assuming a man is speaking) seems to me to be thinking he is right and the woman is wrong:

THINK OF WHAT YOU'RE SAYING,
YOU CAN GET IT WRONG AND STILL YOU THINK THAT IT'S ALL RIGHT.
THINK OF WHAT I'M SAYING,
WE CAN WORK IT OUT AND GET IT STRAIGHT, OR SAY GOOD NIGHT.

"You can get it wrong and still you think that it's all right"? Who the [expletive deleted] is this guy, to tell the woman that she's got it wrong?

Of course, it would help to know the whole story. Maybe the man IS right. But without knowing the whole story, to me, these lyrics imply that the woman is wrong-headed and of course the man is right: she can go on thinking what she thinks, which is naturally wrong, or she can come around to the man's way of thinking, which is naturally right.

Then there's the suggestion that if she goes on thinking the way she does, they'll fall apart before too long. What about if he goes on thinking the way he does? Why won't that make them fall apart before too long? Gimme a break.

It just seems to me that all the way through, the man is trying to make the woman change, and assuming she's wrong simply because she doesn't agree with him.

But then, I've had a lot of men like that in my life, so that definitely colours my perception. I thank God for the ones still in my life, who don't try to FORCE me to think how they do. We celebrate each other's differences - and we certainly change our points of view when it seems right to us to do so, in accordance with each other's opinions.

But I've always hated that God damn song!