I like using slang expressions. Anyone want to swap a few?

I just remember really enjoying learning slang from different countries when I was on the backpacker trail in Oz and NZ back in '98. The man I was backpacking in sin with was British and we enjoyed each other's linguistic differences a great deal.

From him I got:

I can't be arsed for "I can't be bothered" (I've even infected my 76-year-old Mum with this one!)

Then it all went pear-shaped for "Then it all went wrong"

and (one of my faves! though I keep forgetting to use it in appropriate moments, usually because I'm TOO flabbergasted!)

What are you LIKE?! for an expression of surprise at someone's actions

From me, he got:

Out in the boonies for "out in the back of beyond" or, more simply, "in the middle of nowhere" (usually refers to somewhere deep in the country or somewhere remote)

and

Where do you get off?! for, um, probably "What are you LIKE?!" only it's not as kind as that - more righteous indignation. As with "What are you LIKE?!" this phrase is used with all different pronouns: "Where does he get off?!" or "Where do you get off?!" You might say, for example, "Where do you get off, telling me how to drive?!" Guess it's a bit of a "how dare you!"

More recently I got "pants" from a British girlfriend, but I have to confess I'm still not entirely sure how it's supposed to be used....