Apology accepted; thank you. One's preference does, indeed, depend upon what is most important to one. And yes, wofa [blowing kiss e], you can change the mode: not only with the little button at the top right, but in the actual address. It will say either showthreaded or showflat; if you delete either threaded or flat and substitute the other, the mode will change when you hit Go or Enter. This can come in handy when posting ref.'s.

It takes a while to learn things around here. It was probably a year before I even knew there was an alternate to flat mode, and I think that just shows my ignorance of computers. But something that shows my inherent laziness is the fact it was probably a year after that, that I realized to my horror that there is a way that people can tell who has responded to their posts. (By that time, I had the skill to research it--I just didn't bother.) I learned that some people watch especially for this, and was mortified that I had unintentionally misled people by simply clicking Reply to the most recent post and adding mine, even though what I had to say might have related to some other one in the thread. But I am still at a loss as to how to get around that if I just want to put in my 2 cents and am not responding to ANY particular post. And I confess to Replying to my own posts as often as possible, just to avoid misleading again.