Oh, I haven't even looked in here for days as it seemed no one was interested in looking up at the heavens. I'm happy to see I that many of you are.

I just can't imagine what my life would be like without sharing the wonder of space. I always look for the moon, night or day, and I look up in the night sky to see what planets and stars are up. I never really liked math till my sophomore year in high school when I looked up at Orion and something magical happened for me. Somehow from the stars I intuitively grasped the concepts therein! It was all terribly exciting.

Now I've lived long enough to have seen that Syrius is no longer in the same place in relation to Orion's belt...and that leads me to a somewhat bittersweet mood, one in which I realize (my) time is passing and the world is changing, for both good and bad, I suppose. But I do think the people of Earth are missing something important when they can't look up and see the Milky Way anymore. We forget we are hurtling (spiraling) out there in space, with all those other teeny weeny planets in all those other galaxies....It's good to be humbled by the universe, I would say.

Some of my happiest 'alone-time' is spent day dreaming about what the ancients must have thought about the various celestial phenomena like eclipses and unusual planet couplings. Of course the reason I thought Venus was so amazing the other morning is that it was so impressive that I felt I understood what the Magi had seen and why they would make that huge journey....

I'd love to hear what others are seeing in the night sky. And it is one of my fondest wishes that someday I see the Aurora Borealis, of which now I can only dream....

MM