Just now on C-SPAN2's Book TV, a woman was introducing Jeff Shaara to speak about his new historical novel, The Glorious Cause, about the American Revolution, and she said:

..."The Founding Fathers, or as they're calling them today, The Founding Brothers." Huh? What? Who?

First of all, if this, indeed, is the case (though I've never heard it before), this is truly PC run-amok, way-over overkill.

And I don't get it...what's the PC advantage of saying brothers instead of fathers, anyway..who's the less offended for that? And it changes the whole semantical equation, because the sense of progenitor in father is the heart of the image here. They can't be mothers, and brothers aren't progenitors in the symbolic sense. So, huh? Is George Washington now to be "The Brother of Our Country?" What on earth is going on here?

Of all the PC affectations, unnecessary and inaccurate historical revisionisms drive me up the wall the most (not to say that a historical truth uncovered should not be made to stand).

And, no, this is not Afrocentric ...but it is kind of ironic, isn't it?