> I used to get both migraines and the tunnel vision that went with them.

I've never come across "tunnel vision" as a symptom of migraine. It is not unusual to get parts of your field of vision obscured, but I've never seen reference to this being just around the periphery of vision as you get in tunnel vision.

> The vision problem is not a pyschiatric issue, it's purely physical. Too many people complain of the same
> symptom for it to be a figment of anyone's overwrought imagination.

That's not in line with the current thinking on migraines. For some undetermined reason, my blood pressure has recently jumped up at about the same time as my migraine symptoms started to recur. However, the neurologist I was referred to was adamant that there wasn't a direct causal link. You should also beware of partitioning ailments into "psychicatric" vs "physical". It is possible for psychological problems to present with apparently physical symptoms.

> Many moons ago my tame quack believed that it had a lot to do with pressure on the optic centre in the
> brain which either constricted the signal from the eyes in some way or caused the brain to fail to process > the incoming data correctly.

Your "tame quack" needs to read more of the literature on migraines. Pressure on the optic centre of the brain doesn't present with these symptoms. My neurologist is sending me for an MRI, but it's to eliminate any underlying causes which may be confusing the diagnosis.

Mark Waddington