This is a cool site that I just found.. read the blurb below for more. It allows you to see the English language in all its complexity. Thought it would be perfect for all you guys.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this site out yet, as it sounds like the kind of thing that might take forever to load on my computer. Sure sounds great, though. Guess I'll wait for the weekend on this one or something. (don't worry, I'm used to it)

Visual Thesaurus

http://www.visualthesaurus.com/index.jsp

The Visual Thesaurus isn't just another way to find the right word, it's a way to understand the English language in all its subtlety. Take the 16 different meanings of the deceptively simple word "train," for example, which appears surrounded by dozens of colored spheres. Each represents a related adjective, noun, verb or adverb linked to still more words that represent an entire galaxy of orbiting nuanced meanings.

The site uses a database developed by the Cognitive Science Lab of Princeton with more than 50,000 words and 40,000 phrases to plumb human psycholinguistic memory and create an architecture of language in a revealing spatial map of word associations.

F_X

"Did you eat another dictionary?" -- what an online friend said to me once

"Did you eat another dictionary?" -- what an online friend said to me once