Oh, Dear! So many things I want to take up - like the man on the way to San Jose, I've been away too long, too long.

would a man have cared about the subject so much to have said that?

Yes, I know men who care enough to say that - have been there when they've said it. PLenty of men in the Trades Union care a great deal, I have found. (As well as even more who use female rights/equality issues as a platform to boost their male egos!) The Women's Studies course at Lancaster Uni usually has one or two males on it - whjo invariably get a bad time from the militant femininsts on the course, but who care deeply for the cause of equal ops, etc.
(end of rant )

Lobachesky
Nicholai Ivanovich Lobachesky was his name!

Be Prepared was a wickedly funny send up of the Boy Scout movement, full of "advice" to young men starting out and about to "slide down the razor-blade of life." It include the advice, "Don't solicit for your sister, it's notnice/ Unless you get a fair percentage of her price."; "Don't write dirty words on walls if you can't spell,"; and finished with the absolutely invaluable advice to any young man, "If you're looking for adventure of a new and different kind,/ And you find a fellow Girl-Scout who is si ilarly inclined, / Don't bashful, don't be nervous, don't be scared: / BE PREPARED !