I just received this e-mail from a friend. I checked and ahve the virus and sent the alert out to everyone in my address book. If you receive this notice from me please act immediately and do like wise. DON'T PANIC. The virus is easily deleted and won't affect your system, or those in your address book, for 14 days. Here's the alert:

>Subject: I passed a virus on unknowingly...

Hi everyone,

Just got this message from a friend for the virus and checked for the virus. I had it. You have it because you are in my address book. The virus has been passed on to me by a contact. My address book has been infected. There is a chance you will find it in your computer. I followed the directions and eradicated the virus easily. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton of Macaffee virus systems. The virus sits quitly for 14 days before damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by address book whether or not you sent e-mails to your contacts. Here is how to get rid of the virus:

1) Go to start, find or search options

2) In the file/folders option, type the name: jdbgmgr.exe

3) Be sure you search your C: drive and all sub-folders and other drives you have

4) Click "find or search"

5) The virus has a teddybear icon with the name jdbgmgr. exe.

DO NOT OPEN IT!!!!!!!!!!

6) Go to edit (on the menu bar),
choose select all to highlight the file without opening it

7) Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select delete.
It will then go to the recycle bin and delete it there as well

IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR AFFRESS BOOK, SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR ADDRESS BOOKS.

TO DO THIS:

a) open a new e-mail message

b) click the icon of the address book next to the "TO"

c) highlight every name and add to "Bcc"

d) copy this message...enter subject...paste to e-mail..send

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.<