Well, I am a teacher. An elementary music teacher. And the way I've used this site for my job has been for clarification of points, but not something for my students to access. I doubt seriously children ages five to eleven would find much of interest here in our discussions, unless it were some kind of super-genius-type child with a broad understanding of experience. Not that we're geniuses or anything like that--but our level of conversation generally requires a lot of flexibility in understanding all we write about--especially when we're inserting humorous comments.

But: This is a wonderful source that I have used to clarify points. And I have asked questions here to help me clarify points made in class or that I want to make in class. Can't think of anything offhand for example. But, when you consider that we have writers here with such a broad range of knowledge, this is a great source, not just for refining definitions or looking for new words, but also for getting inside information, especially in science.

And the people on the board are so quick to respond to questions. That's a real virtue of the board, too.

I'm also a member of a nature board. When I've asked questions there, sometimes I've had to go as long as three weeks for a response. That's never the case here. Usually questions are answered within the hour, but at least within twenty-four hours if anyone has anything of value to offer. And then there are the wealth of links that members here will provide sometimes to help find out more about the subject.

I'd highly recommend this bulletin board to teachers as a source of information, and I have. But, to date, I'm the only teacher in my school who is interested in this board. I cannot understand it.

Best regards,
WW