What am I reading? Gee! I'm so glad you asked.
People rarely ask me questions. In school I was always the first one to raise my hand, but the teachers always looked past me and always let some goofball in the back row answer the question. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. I want the world to know that I read much more than others, and therefore I am a much better person than others and their families.

THE ART OF SPELLING the madness and the method
~ Marilyn Vos Savant

You remember Vos Savant, the Guiness Book record holder for the highest measured I.Q. on the planet (228). That is until we learned that, Politically Correctly speaking, everyone's I.Q. on this planet was exactly the same. Well Marilyn's book is well done. Her Madness part is better than her Methods, but they help and I'm going to write this entire review without a spell check.
Rating______________***

HOW I GOT THIS WAY
~ Patrick F. McManus

As always a happy time awaits the reader of McManus.
O Henry without the pathos.
Rating___________****

DAVE BARRY IS FROM MARS AND VENUS
~ Dave Barry

Usual Dave Barry fare. Some dumb. Some Good.
Some brilliant.
Rating___________***

PET PEEVES-or- whatever happened to doctor rawff?
~ George Plimpton

A series of letters written by pet owners to an advice columnist veterinarian who has, so to speak, flown the coop.
Mildly amusing but bordering on mildly silly.
Rating___________**

A MATTER OF DEGREES what temperature reveals about the past and future of our species, planet and universe
~ Gino Segre`

Great. New stuff about temperature is generously sprinkled with the old. Why do we run high temperatures when sick? Oh yeah? Then why do cold blooded creatures seek out warmth when they are sick? What about bugs?
Rating___________****

THE BEST OF THE BEST AMERICAN POETRY 1988 - 1997
~ Editor--> Harold Bloom

Maybe I chose bad times to read these poems. With that in mind I give this collection a...
Rating___________*

BEYOND THE DEEP the deadly descent into the world's most treacherous cave
~ William Stone and Barbara amEnde with Monte Paulsen

(Review upon request)
_________________***1/2

BUDDHA'S CHILD my fight to save vietnam
~ Nguyen CaoKy, former Prime Minister of South Vietnam

Interesting and revealing. Once Nguyen's nephew asked John Wayne for a autographed picture to give to his uncle who was then prime minister. The duke refused, saying, " Your Uncle Nguyen don't need no picture, all he has to do is ask, and he gets me."
Rating___________***

PAINTING AMERICAN the rise of american artists
paris 1867 - new york 1948

~ Annie Cohen-Solal

A well though-out, well-executed, selected history of the transition of american painting from the 19th century of largely french influences to the mostly american forms that took shape in the 20th.
Rating__________****