"Dear wow your old saying is an old wives tale. It was not for agreeing to disagree that the Second World War was fought. This board becomes mere chat if the exchange of ideas are not offered for the purpose of resolution. Men of goodwill without a life in search of truths are self-righteous buffoons who disgrace the human species. What's more, they rarely have a sense of humor."

Mil,
The saying referred to "people of good will." I don't think the germans of world war ii were acting with good will. England and France both failed to live up to their treaty obligations (insteading of squashing Hitler at the start) and the behavior of neither the US nor the USSR was noble - although they may have been legitimate political reasons all around. (I'm referring to the governments of these countries and not to the individuals who fought.) I've only read one book on this subject and I can't claim to be an expert on it. Even if I remember the details fully and correctly, a single book wouldn't make my opinion worth a hill of beans. Still, even if you disagree with my last few lines, I think you will agree with the first -- that the German leadership was a nasty lot, none of whom could remotely be included in the set of people comprised of "men of good will."

k