Below I list books that you all apparently find tiresome. Great Goobly-Woobly!, it is time that you all begin to think...thoughts!

Ok, I did not want to appear to be one of the Cognoscente so often admonished hereabouts. BUT. "'nufs enuf!"

What I have read since June:
The Oxford Companion to World War II ( well, honestly, still at it) General Editor I.C.B. Dear and Consultant Editor M. R.D. Foot

Books by Evelyn Waugh "Men At Arms" & "Officers and Gentlemen" with "End of the Battle" just in and awaiting pickup at the Water Street Bookstore.

The Terrible Hours" by Peter Mass sub title "The Greatest Submarine Rescue in History" The true story of the rescue of the men aboard the sunken "Squalus" (off the N.H. coast) by Swede Momsen who also invented the Momsen Lung.

Ghost Soldiers"- by Hampton Sides - the account of the 1945 WWII rescue mission for survivors of the Bataan Death March in the Philippines.

Two novels by Willianm E. Butterwork aka W.E.B. Griffin :
Under Fire (Marines in North Korea) and Special Ops set during Che Rivera days.

I am also often dipping into The War 1939-1945 by Desmond Flower and James Reeves as time allows. Actually it's my bedtime reading. The authors tell the chronological story of WWII - on both fronts - through meticulously documented diaries, letters, journals, reports,official communications and other documents by the men who fought the war including (but not limited to) Eisenhower, Regular GIs, German and Japanese soldiers, Patton, Goring, Hitler, Churchill, DeGaul et.al.
This weekend, to let my brain rest I read two light and charming books by Lillian Jackson Braun from her latest "The Cat Who ..." series.

Since The Oxford WWII is 1,342 pages of tight, concise, in-depth, densely factual writing, I'd say that, all things considered, although it may diverge from the areas of interest others have, it does require some thinking!
And believe it or not I have still made time to enjoy life, lunch with friends, write a few real letters and work on my own writing. But it does help that I am retired and haven't the pressures of a job or children at home as many of you have. And Thank Heaven for book sale tables and a decent Library.

AS the old saying goes - Men of good will may disagree and still remain friends. Or at least respect each other.