I don't know how I was so insulting to you, Rouspeteur; that really was not my intention. My intention was to cast things in a light other than that of the 'them vs. us' blaming game, not malign your character. I do think war proponents use schoolyard logic though, and it's about time we all grow up. By resorting to, or sanctioning violence we all admit defeat.

> Can you ever answer a straight question with a yes or no?

Some questions need no answer. Why would I think the acts you describe to be anything but horrific? Are you not just looking for affirmation of someone else's wrong-doing in order to sanction more killing? There's little point in indirectly indicting me based on a question that gets us nowhere. If you can't or won't extrapolate out of my above posts that I think all wars (including the attacks you mention) are stupid and animalistic (read 'wrong'), then I suggest you are just dodging the real debate. Why? Because no one, not you or anyone, can give any reasons in favour of violence other than 'Look what they've done!'.
Anyway, it's kinda handy that you're insulted by me, because now you don't have to think up a riposte.