Well, in Canada there is not much difference in the way people from Vancouver or Toronto sound. Both have a majority of English speaking inhabitants, both are business hubs.

You will find a great deal of difference if comparing accents from anyone in the Maritimes (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, P.E.I. and Newfoundland) and the rest of English speaking Canada. It is a little hard to describe...they seem to speak from the front of the mouth towards the nose. They also have more of a sing-song lilt in their voices, and, I think, like most maritime communities, tend to use words that do not show up in other areas of the country (maybe I should ask a Newfoundlander what a group of fish on bikes are called .)

Québec is a different story altogether. The greatest number of people are Francophones with Anglophones coming in a distant second and Allophones way back there.

The accents, vocal intonation, and vocabulary, from one French community to another will vary greatly depending upon the distance from one city to the next (eg. there is a remarkable variation in the voices of people from Montréal city compared to cities 3 to 4 hours drive away.) To someone from Québec it is quite easy to know where a person is from by his accent, pronunciation and choice of words.

I would say 98% of Anglophones and allophones live in the Montréal area. Montreal Anglophones sound like balance of English provinces (save for Maritimes). Allophones encompass too many different languages to really compare to anyone.

Of course, you will always have variations in choice of words used to describe an object based on where you are from. National Geographic had a great www link to a site that discussed this very thing. Let me get on home and I'll add it in. It is kinda fun to look through.