Oh, really, Ted! What would happen if every single resident in the District of Columbia packed up and moved? What would be the ramifications of such a move? I can't begin to imagine. Just think about the shock people would experience in not confronting traffic in DC. Think about the flavor of the city completely lost with no traffic and confusing one-way streets not to be confused on any longer because there would be no traffic. And think about the loss of the public education system in DC! And consider how the outlying communities in Maryland and Virginia would pick up even more citizens--they're already filled to bursting point. Why, we people, out here in Dinwiddie County, might have to pick up some of the overflow. And we've only grown by about 2 people in the last century. I'm not sure we could handle a population explosion of much over half a dozen or so out here in the sticks.

So, I think we oughtta just let Washington continue to grow as it will, let its traffic situation develop into the worst in the nation, even beyond that of Boston, and give those citizens their representative vote in Congress, especially considering the Wyoming comparison, which is mind-boggling to me this morning. What's the problem with Wyoming, by the way?

Best regards,
WashingtonWins