Jazz

There are three points you should consider:

The first: It is a rare circumstance indeed where the "big guy" is not looked upon with some animosity. Look in the real world. More often than not, employees in the shop (warehouse floor, production line, whatever) dislike the floor managers who in turn dislike the people in the front office who in turn dislike management and upward on to the top. Cliques happen for a reason. There is rarely out-`n-out hatred but a general uneasyness and disquietude. The States are a really big guy.

The second: The “shop” example above stems from a lack of communication. Not simply in exchanging words but in an inability to communicate in the same terms and in the same manner. The same holds true for countries and their inhabitants. I’ll give you an example of miscommunication. In your post your write Our path to industrial super power and world role model was not an easy one . You are communication as an American. I would never think of writing this type of sentence. Whether or not it is true, it can be construed as grandstanding. Who decided you were a role model? Were you trying to say that my country is not as good as yours and that we should look up to you? Miscommunication I am sure.

The third: Nationalism v.s. patriotism…see previous thread. The former puts people off.

This is where we come in. This board is a great example of how a wide assortment of people can exchange ideas and, without setting out to, get to really know people from outside their own circle. Rome wasn’t built in a day. World peace is not around the corner. But every time someone new comes on board and is welcomed by the group (as I have seen here many times over) we are building bridges and bringing down walls.