I have to say that I'm offended by the assumption of non-Americans that Americans are such bad people. I can think of but two reasons for this animosity: our foreign policy and jealousy.

1) Yes, our foreign policy does seem rather intrusive at times. I personally believe that we should stay out of the business of other countries unless we've been asked to help. At the beginning of World War I our nation still had the mentality of isolationism. We tried desperately to stay out of the war, but our allies needed our help, so we entered the war and won. This gave us the idea that we should be a benevolent nation and help whenever it seemed someone needed our help. If we didn't fight battles in Europe and Asia, our military wouldn't have much to do: only once has war been brought to American soil since 1814. Yes, I agree that we have tried to help when we haven't been wanted, and this has definitely caused some hatred, but are good intentions punishable?

2) Many nations seem to think that we're a bunch of stuck up snobs because we created the single most industrialized world power in the would because of a yearning for individual freedom and the belief that hard work will get you somewhere in the world. Many nations are jealous of our prosperity and and angered because our ancestors made it look so easy. But the truth is that we worked through the hard times. Morality prevailed when we said that we'd had enough of slavery, workers stood up against the oppressions of big business during the Industrial Revolution and we forced ourselves through the Great Depression. Our path to industrial super power and world role model was not an easy one, and we'd appreciate it if you'd get off our backs about it.

The simple fact is that we're not all the same. Of course there are some snobbish people, some lazy people, some racist people, but the majority of the United Statesians are hard working, caring suburbanites who don't have any biases against foreigners. As a nation we want prosperity for everyone and intend to lead the world to all-encompassing peace.

(I hope I didn't offend anyone, but this is my opinion and I fail to see why anyone could have such generalized animosity toward a nation.)