>more postings than I'll ever catch up with!

I have a trick to deal with this problem.
(i) In your profile, subscribe to the daily summaries of Misc, Q&A and W&F and any other bits you read also set it up to e-mail you any replies to your postings.
(ii) Set up your e-mail programme (eg Outlook) to put all messages from AWAD in its own directory, so as not to clog up your mailbox.
(iii) If you pay for your phone calls, open up your e-mail summaries, when they arrive, minimise all the ones you want to read, then disconnect. Then read them "off line". This is very useful for threads that end up so far down the list that you can never find them. It can be a bit hard to follow but its not so bad.
(iii) If you want to reply to anything, check it out on-line before you do, there may be lots more things since the e-mail summary was sent, especially from people in a different time zone. Again, once you have opened all the relevant pages, you can go off line to read them.
(iv) If you want to write a long reply and are paying for calls. Jeff suggested a long time ago that you write it in your word processing programme and paste it in. This may avoid the pleasures of the enigma machine (spellchecker) but you can't win everything.
(v) If you go away for a long time, decide if you want to unsubscribe to the e-mail summaries and miss things or tay subscribed and face your e-mail when you come back.

Any other tips from anyone?