Okay, inselpeter, you make a good point. I will do my best - how's this:

How do we know it is NOT RIGHT to drink and drive?

or

How do we know it is NOT RIGHT to smoke? (perhaps a trickier one)

For the latter example, you can pull out medical proof, of course. But that only proves that smoking is bad for you and those around you. Some would argue that it is NOT WRONG to smoke; some would say it definitely IS WRONG. Perhaps this is a poor example....The drunk driving one is better, maybe?

Or perhaps both are too tricky, too grey, too much of an opportunity for moralising.

Perceived right and wrong, though:

It is legal to smoke in the street, yet second-hand smoke kills; it is illegal to drink in the street, yet no one has yet adversely affected some stranger's health by the mere act of drinking in the street (leaving out, for the moment, the obvious comment that if the drunken person picks a brawl with a stranger, that affects the stranger's wellbeing - that is not a direct result of the drunk swilling booze on the street, but rather an indirect result).

So people might decide, for themselves, that what is illegal is RIGHT and what is legal is WRONG. I wouldn't drink on the street, but not because it's illegal; I despite the habit of smoking and loathe it when people on the street subject me to their second-hand cancer fumes, therefore I deem it WRONG.

Damn, these really are poor examples, aren't they?

Will someone else please come up with something that is a particular instance of a perceived right/wrong? please?!

Let us go in peace to love and serve the board.