Angel, didn't you think it was latin? and if you picked up a foriegn newspaper, could you look at it, and say "oh this is Italian (or French, or Spanish, or German, or Dutch)? or any other of a half dozen languages, you might not speak, but sort of recognize?

in the early 80's when home computers were new, the was a regualar column in Scientific American on Programing.
On great article was the outline and rules for languages.. for example, LL is common in both english and spanish.. but there are only about 5 words in english that use LL as the first pair of letters in a word (llama, llano, Llanelly, Lloyds ) so a rule for English is LL is a good combo at the end of word, (will well, call hell, hall, tall, etc) but not good for first two letters.. and ST is a good starter, but Ts, is not. (no native words, but tsar, and tsunami, and tsetse, and a dozen or so others, from Japanese, Greek and Yiddish, and Chinese.)
Eau is found by its self in French, but in English its always part of word.. (beauty, ect.)
and while A, I, and rarely, O, can be words, we don't use E or U as word.. Or au, or other double vowels.. Our common short words are it, to, of, as, so, am, an, in, on, but not il, un, el, and so on.

other language rules are word size, and capitalization, and punctuation..
the article gave general directions for writing a program the would follow the "general rules" for any given language, and allow you to generate "fake french", "fake Italian" and several other commom languages. It was after 1982, (since i had a computer by then, and was reading computer articles)

You might not want to write a program, but just the bit about how it is that we human recognize a foriegn language was pretty interesting. (i still remember the gist of the article 25 years later!)

Dr bill knows enough latin, that he can generate fake latin with out a program... we all looked at, and thought it was latin, but as he points out, Faldage and Bob Young will know he is faking it..

when i first came here, babble fish a translater program was being played with.. you might enjoy finding some of the threads, or just googling babble fish, and playing with it.. generate some fake language of your own.. (or go to Engrish.com. and see how the japanese generate fake english all the time!