Expressions of agreement: Cool!

Three episodes:

(1) Flash, a spaced-out, aging beatnik was speeding me and two chicks down Interstate 65 enroute to Panama City, when from the back seat, I noticed that my door wasn't completely closed. I slammed it shut. Flash, a most cool but aging beatnik, smiled and asked, "Crazy. Who got in?

(2) Caleneous Jones, an aging blackman from near York, Alabama, drove a truck for Hall Motor Express. I, by virtue of my whiteness and my relationship to Mister Hall, was his nineteen-year-old supervisor. Caldonia, as he was called, was married to a school teacher of considerable dimensions, that is, six feet tall and over three hundred pounds. Cal called her "Miss Mam". Cal and I became good friends- drinking buddies, both of us had a love of life beyond that which, at that time, was considered to be circumspect.
Cal and Miss Mam had twelve children. Yet Cal forever had a smile on his face. "How 'bout tricks, Cal" we would say.
"Everything's copacetic." Cal would always answer.

Except one morning. Cal had a girlfriend that lived in a shotgun house (called "shotgun" because all the rooms are aligned one behind each other like in a single barrel shotgun) next door to the loading dock. Late one afternoon Big Ruth (Miss Mam) caught skinny Cal visiting Misses Rose. Miss Mam Ruth was knocking at the front door so Cal ran to the back door where he was met by four of his oldest and biggest boys, who grabbed Cal and exclaimed "We got him, Mama, we got daddy."

The next morning Cal was late for work. But still I smiled and said, "Morning, Caleneous, How's tricks?

Sometimes great planets and mortal men re-align, and that morning, for the first time ever, Cal didn't answer " everything's copacetic". He just sighed and shook his head and walked away.

(3) On third thought, why should I use this forum to embarrass my own self?