Ok, Alex, I was with you all the way to #3. (We were in the same storm front, my dear, and I DID turn off my computer, having had it taken out by lightning twice. A word of warning, if I may: if you have a dial-up connection, you should unplug the telephone wire, and if you have a cable connection, you should unplug the cable wire from your modem. That's how lightning got my computer--I learned the hard way that it isn't enough just to turn them off and trust in the surge protector.) Anyway--I looked at #4, and opened the link in #3, and thought, "Alex, you're weird!"

Every day something beautiful shows itself to me and I smile.
Oh yes, oh yes! Every time I think of you, bel, I smile. And, and, oh! How I wish each of you had a place where I feel like I do at church. Such a sense of belonging. And, and--isn't it beautiful, that we are all lucky enough to be able to own computers? That is, that makes it pretty much a given that we have enough to eat and a roof over our heads. And isn't it beautiful, the things we can do? Compared to someone like my mother-in-law who just had a hip replacement, and for whom getting out of bed is a major ordeal. And I just read in one of the Chicken Soup books about a 77-year-old lady who was a double amputee. She MADE the doctors fit her with artificial legs, learned to use them, and was utterly thrilled when she was able to do something as simple as accompany someone out to dinner, when everyone in her family and all the medical people had expected her to lie in bed till she died. Oh yes, for all our troubles, we lead very good lives indeed.