In a the "ocean" thread in Q&A, Jackie posted that she lived 650 miles from the sea.

That seems a long way to me as an island dweller. I have never lived more than a two hour drive from the sea and several times, since living in Scotland, have I seen the east and the west coast in the same day. So I looked up the distances and realised that it is impossible to live more than 90 miles from the sea in the UK. You could fit the whole length of Britain between Jackie and the ocean. I was wondering if that makes Jackie the furthest from the coast or do Sparteye, Tsuwm or Jazzo live further? Anyone else? I think most of the Australians on the board live, if not work (hi Stales) near the coast. I'm not sure if anyone is Asia or Africa is further.

Britain is just under 1,000 km (620m) long from the south coast of England to the extreme north of Scotland , and covers an area of about 242,000 sq km (96,800 sq miles). At its widest point, it is 500 km (310m) across.
It is impossible to be more than 90 miles from the shore.[Aside: I can’t find out the exact point, apart from “a village in South Derbyshire”or the distance – does anyone know?]
Mainland Scotland measures 78,789 sq km; 30,420 sq m. The maximum length on the mainland is between the Mull of Galloway in the south to Cape Wrath in the north, measuring 440km, 274 miles. The widest part of the mainland stretches from Applecross in the west to Buchan Ness in the east, measuring 248km, 154 miles. The narrowest part of Scotland is between the Firths of Forth and Clyde, measuring only 41km, 25 miles.