A friend of mine had a very expensive Inuit made parka, with wolverine fur about face, which has unusual property of not icing up from breath. His wife threw it away because of the odor. Some women don't appreciate the finer things of life
Wouldn't you agree that getting it out of the house was all that was called fo?. It had cost a couple hundred bucks, and was almost irreplaceable. It could have been put in a plastic bag and into storage locker. There no need to start a marital squabble. One partner has no right to destroy the other partner's belongings without a sensible discussion.

I do apologize in part, I misread the first portion and thought it to be her coat, not his. And I took it to mean that she did not care for the smell around her face. Chalk it up to being in a hurry!

And yes, I do believe it should have been discussed, but if the smell bothered her, it should have been immediately removed from their home. I would not want something in my home that I found to have an unpleasant odor..except perhaps my husband, just before a shower.