Welcome to you, JessCC.

Oh, what a great link, Aunt mav! (grr, Helen! ) Here's a sample--with a warning that this site is not for the easily offended:

The Mystery of the Rotating Londoners.
If you are visiting London and you listen to East Enders, particularly the women, talking about conversations that they have had, you will soon notice that, according to them, the people they talk to are constantly rotating. A typical account is:
" So 'e turns around and says 'ere what's your game? I turned round and told him to mind his own bleeding business and he turns round and says "Don't you come the old tin man with me, my girl" So I turn round and tell him where to get off" So much of this turning round goes on that it is likely that conversations have to be prematurely terminated owing to dizziness. Obviously, such exchanges would be very spectacular to behold and would closely rival ballet for the amount of revolving that goes on. Sadly, I have travelled extensively round London over the last few years and have yet to observe any excessive rotation taking place anywhere.